I Would've Chose You

Saturday, October 29, 2016

For us, it was always about choices.

Whether or not I should agree to being yours. 
The things we fought about that we could've just ignored
Movies that we'll put on and hardly pay any attention to.
And whether or not we would get matching tattoos.
Internal debates about holding your hand. 
Choosing to believe she was 'only a friend'.

The choice to give it another chance. 
The choice that made us fail again. 
The choice between staying or going our separate ways,
was a choice that made me miserable for days.

Among all those choices and you were my favourite. 
I'd like to say everything I picked was for our benefit. 
But I know I've made mistakes, 
ones God knows I've tried to fix. 
I'm sorry I took you for granted,
I wished I realized sooner that you're all I really wanted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments


© 2017 Nicole Dionne. All rights reserved.