What I Really Wanted to Say

Wednesday, January 20, 2016



When you asked me if I was okay
I didn't know what you expect me to say.

Did you want me to count the number of times I tried to give my heart away?
The number of times I asked you to stay?
What about how many times you fed me
with sweet lies that my teeth started to decay?
When I left the state and our clear sky turned into grey.
How much you're like the alcohol in my veins when I start to sway
and know by the time morning comes around I'm gonna have to pay.
The number of times you called me babe
and the countdown till I see you again in May.
Honestly being with you has moulded me like clay,
so good at making me bend but careful enough never to break.
How you kept my bad thoughts at bay
just by grabbing me and saying hey,
baby you shouldn't have to feel this way.

When you asked me if I was okay
here's what I really wanted to say.

You Might Also Like

0 comments


© 2017 Nicole Dionne. All rights reserved.