Separation Anxiety

Saturday, August 26, 2017


Since Lexi has started to crawl and stand this month, she's developed the ability to perceive distance. And I know this because she's been extremely clingy. Babies are clingy I know that, but oh boy is she up on another level - she won't even let her dad hold her if I'm not in the same room!

I went out last weekend to a 21st so I think that's when she realized I can actually leave the house now. When I got home that night she was extremely happy to see me, it melted my heart and that's when the separation anxiety (aka her obsession with mumma) started. I had meetings both on Monday and Tuesday and she wouldn't let me escape into my office without making some kind of scene. She also does this thing where we've got to have skin to skin contact 24/7 or else she goes bawling her eyes out, which I thought was cute until I'm sitting in her playpen for hours doing nothing but letting her sit in my lap while she's playing.

Kendall has been joking about her getting her clinginess from me because that's how I am towards him whenever he has to go to class or work. I practically koala cling onto him for at least five minutes before I let him out the door hahaha. I guess it's hilarious until you're the one on the receiving end of it.

I might complain about it but I'm really savouring moments like this when we're allowed to be a tight-knit family because life will undeniably pull us in different directions such as when Kendall has to work a 9-5 and Lexi goes off to preschool and of course my travelling for work. Ah I can't even imagine! I love my little family.

You Might Also Like

0 comments


© 2017 Nicole Dionne. All rights reserved.