My Parts Miss Your Parts

Sunday, June 25, 2017

I really did not want to post this piece because I'm scared; of what I don't even know. I might be able to attribute it to my cringing when I think about how cliche it is. Mostly I think it's too personal but I thought fuck it, actually hahaha. All poems are "too personal" anyway.


my heart has been shattered
by many before you
not that it mattered
once more you made it full

my mind is a room,
in which you pace
so I can’t really say
that it’s been awhile
since I’ve seen your face

my lips hold onto an apology
I will not tell you
if you saw me with hostility
know I was hurting too

my hands wrote this letter
not that it will make things better
but this pen is good company
of a heart that is now empty.

"my parts miss your parts"

You Might Also Like

0 comments


© 2017 Nicole Dionne. All rights reserved.